What is Norton Antivirus?
How to choose an antivirus: what you should need to know?
Antivirus is software designed to effectively block viruses and any malware on your computer. Viruses and malware can easily corrupt files, data and all other info stored in your computer. It is crucial to ensure that your antivirus can defend you against malware attacks, check for the following points before buying:
- Pick software with a high malware-detection rate
- Free AV software offers good protection but paid provides more features.
- Look for a light system load.
- Automatic virus signature updates
- See how easy the software is to use.
- Try before you buy.
- Look for email and web protection.
If your antivirus provides you with the above-mentioned features, then go ahead.
How to download Norton antivirus purchased from a retail store?
If you have purchased a Norton product from a retail store and want to install and activate this software, then you must have a Norton account or add the bought product to an existing account.
- Sign In to Norton
- If you don’t have one, go to the Create Account and fill up the required details to complete the signup process. Or, Sign indirectly if you are an existing user.
- Now, on the Norton Setup window, select Enter a New Product Key.
- Type the activation key for your software and click on >.
- If you have purchased a CD for the antivirus, find the product key inside the box or, on the sticker of the CD, or Case, or printed on the card in the box.
- Activation key is a combination of alphabetic and numeric characters and it doesn’t have any special characters.
- To register in Automatic Renewal Service for your Norton subscription, click on Get started. However, if you are not interested in it, click Skip and move to the 12th step
- Now, read the Automatic Renewal Terms and Conditions and select Agree and Continue button.
- Fill out your Credit Card information and click Next.
- Fill your Billing-Address and click Enroll in Automatic Renewal.
- Once this is done, hit the Continue to download button.
- Now, select Agree & Download.
- Follow the instructions displayed on the screen to Run or Save the Downloader file. These can be different. It’s depending on your web browser.
- If you save the file, make sure that you double-click the save file from the saved location or folder after the download is finished or completed.
Once the Downloader is started, your subscription will be downloaded, installed, setup and activated automatically.
How to activate or renew your Norton subscription?
You must activate or renew your subscription before the trial or subscription period ends to continue to use all the Norton features and keep your computer protected.
- Launch your Norton program. Click Renew next to Subscription Status.
- Click “Renew My Subscription.” The Norton product renewal website opens in your Internet browser.
- Click Buy Now next to the Norton program you want to reactivate.
- Enter the number of licenses you want to buy. Click Continue to Secure Checkout.
- Enter your billing information and place your order. Ensure that you review your order before making the payment.
- On successful purchase, your subscription gets activated or renewed automatically. Any days remaining on your existing subscription will be added to the new subscription period.
How to activate or renew your Norton subscription by using a product key?
If you have a product key and want to renew or activate the Norton subscription, follow the steps below:
- Start Norton.
- Do one of the following:
- To activate your subscription, in the Norton product main window, click Activate Now.
- To renew your subscription, in the Norton product main window, click Helpand then under ACCOUNT INFORMATION, click Enter Product Key.
- Enter the product key or renewal code that you received from Norton on the field at the bottom of the screen.
- Click Next.
- Review your subscription details.
- Click “Done.”
How to reinstall my Norton antivirus?
If the Norton software starts to behave erratically or doesn’t start at all, you must fix the problem as soon as possible to keep your data protected. Reinstalling Norton often fixes the problem.
If you already have Norton installed, uninstall it before you run the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool.
- Select the Norton product that you use to protect your computer and click the Uninstall button.
- Download the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool.
- After downloading Double-click the NRnRicon.
- Click Remove & Reinstall.
- Click Continue or Remove.
- Click Restart Now.
After the computer restarts, follow the on-screen instructions to reinstall Norton.
- norton.com/setup login
- norton.com/setup install
- norton.com/setup download and install
- norton.com/setup activate
- norton product key
- norton download
- norton security
- norton 360 download
- install norton setup
- enter norton product key
- norton products
- norton my account
- norton setup product key
- norton product key activation
- norton install with product key
- norton antivirus setup download
- set up activate norton nu16
- norton utilities 16
- norton subscription
- norton.com/setup product key
- norton.com/setup utilities